DAY 1 – QUALIFIERS
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2019
TIME: 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
VENUE TO BE ANNOUNCED
NEW YORK CITY
DAY 1 – 2019 QUALIFIERS SCHEDULE AND PROGRAM
Doors Open to Competitors
- Registration and Sign In
- Registration open until 5:55PM
Doors Open to Ticket Holders & Competitors
- Children under 5 Free
- Students Discounts
- Event 3
First round WBB World Open Qualifiers (Men’s & Women’s Division)
- 2 Rounds
Second round WBB World Open Qualifiers (Men’s & Women’s Division)
- 2 Rounds
Last chance for competitors to register for the last qualifiers
Third and final round WBB World Open Qualifiers (Men’s & Women’s Division)
- 2 Rounds
CHAMPIONSHIP TICKET GIVE-AWAYS
- Random lottery winners receive FREE tickets to the Championships
WORLD BBOY BATTLE T-SHIRT GIVE-AWAYS
- Random lottery winners receive FREE World Bboy Battle T-Shirts
Winners receive Free stuff from WBB and their sponsors. We finish with music, dance, drink and food.
The WBB2019 Qualifiers end. The top 16 Bboys and top 8 Bgirls will battle for the World Championship Title the next day at BMCC Tribeca.
- We thank you for coming and being part of World Bboy Battle Pro Breaking Sports
TO COMPETE AND WIN AT THE 2019 WBB CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FOLLOW THE STEPS AND GUIDELINES BELOW↓
STEP 1 – REGISTRATION
Registration is mandatory to compete at World Bboy Battle.
You can register at the Qualifiers or online. Online registration is FREE and saves you from filling out paperwork at the Qualifiers.
Earn a chance to get a profile page on worldbboybattle.com. The top 32 Bboys and top 16 Bgirls at the Qualifiers get their own page.
Once registered, when you get to the Qualifiers, just sign up and compete.
Competitors must complete the following requirements at registration
Upload pictures like the samples below:
- Include a head shot and full body pic
Submit a short bio of yourself (100 words minimum) with interesting things about yourself. Like the sample below:
I started Breaking at 2 years old copying my father when he practiced in the living room. At 10, I won my first battle. At 15, my father began taking me across the nation to compete in adult events and I even won a few. Breaking helped me get through the rough times and stay away from trouble. I graduated college and now I am a Pro Bboy and an accountant. Life is good.
Submit your unofficial battle record. Whatever you can remember.
- Number of battles: Example: 100 Battles
- Number of top 8’s: Example: 45 Top 8
- Number of top 4’s: Example: 20 or so Top 4
- Number of finals: Example: 5 Finals
- Wins and losses in your finals: Example: 4 – 1
Submit a YouTube link with you Breaking in it
STEP 2 – LEARN THE WBB COMPETITION FORMAT
One qualifying round for each competitor
Two rounds per Qualifier
First round is powermoves
Second round is footwork
Three Qualifiers for men and three for women
By virtue of their scores, the top 16 Bboys in the men’s division and the top 8 Bgirls in women’s division advance to the Championships
Single elimination knockout
Four battle levels
Three levels per battle
Top scores of each level advances
Run format per round where each Bboy follows the next
Scores are entered after each competitor performs their round
Championship Finals are 1vs1 three-round battle
STEP 3 – LEARN THE WBB BATTLE LEVELS
The first level of battle is called the Sick 16, named after the top 16 Bboys who earned the right to battle at the WBB Championships. Eight Bboys with the highest scores at this level advance to the Xtreme 8.
The second level of battle is called the Xtreme 8. The four Bboys with the highest scores in the men’s division advance to the Ultimate 4. In the women’s division, the eight Bgirls who earned the right to battle at the WBB Championships compete to advance to the next level.
At the Ultimate 4, the two top competitors with the highest scores in each division advance to the Championship Finals.
The WBB Championship Finals is one-vs-one battle in each division where the winner takes home the World Bboy Championship Crown.
STEP 4 – LEARN THE WBB BATTLE ROUNDS
- Perform your best powermove set
- Footwork not required
- 95% of the round should be powermoves
- Ground power, airchairs, all air moves, all hops and suicides are considered powermoves
- Leg swipes, threads, freezes, gestures, floor rocks, and animation are not considered powermoves
- Deductions of 1 point for placing more than 5% footwork
- Execute each set perfectly to get the highest score
- Perform your best footwork set
- Top rocks are required
- 95% of the round should be footwork
- Floor rocks, threads, top rock are considered footwork
- Deductions of 1 point for placing more than 5% powermoves
- Execute perfectly to get the highest score
- Perform your best and most amazing set ever
- Everything goes in this round
- Power combos, ground power, air burners, its up to you
- No deductions in this round
- Execute your burner perfectly to get the highest score
STEP 5 – LEARN THE WBB SCORING ELEMENTS
- This is the level of your dance and breaking and the entire set you execute
- The level of how you executed your entire performance including crashes and slips
- The level of your form during each move you execute
- The level of your speed during your entire performance
- The level of difficulty of your moves and sets
- The level of creativity in your moves, sets and overall performance
- The level of difficulty of your balance when executing moves that required balance
- The level of your flexibility in each move you execute
- The level of strength you displayed in difficult moves and sets
- The level of your stamina during your set
STEP 6 – DEVELOP WBB PREPARATION TECHNIQUES
WBB Championships have a total of 12 battle rounds within a 2 hour competition so train for twice the battle rounds, a minimum of 24 for two hours at least 4 times a week leading up to the WBB Championships
Perfect no less than 12 sets and make sure all ten elements are covered in each set
- 4 perfect sets of footwork
- 4 perfect sets of powermoves
- 4 perfect burners
- 4 backup sets of the highest difficulty
Make sure your footwork is footwork and not mixed with any powermoves. Perform your ground power sets at the powermove rounds. Each set, regardless should be a burner. Don’t leave anything behind. If you have a comfortable lead after the second round in any level, execute a perfect but not to difficult burner. Conserve energy for the next level.